Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Training
All conflict is an opportunity for transformation and growth. As people deepen into greater understanding, pathways to resolution open.
The report “Workplace Conflict and How Businesses Can Harness It to Thrive,” commissioned by CPP Inc., publishers of the Myers-Briggs Assessment and the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrumen, found that U.S. employees spend 2.8 hours per week dealing with conflict, equating to approximately $359 billion in paid hours (based on an average hourly earning of $17.95), which translates to 385 million working days spent every year as a result of conflict in the workplace.
The study also found that formal training was beneficial, while less than half of those surveyed actually received training. In the US, 36% reported that it made them more comfortable and confident when handling a conflict situation.
Furthermore, effective conflict management leads to positive outcomes which is beneficial to both employees and the organization as a whole. Of those surveyed:
- 76% of employees have seen a conflict lead to something positive
- 41% found it led to a better understanding of other people
- 33% experienced improved working relationships
- 29% found that conflict led to a better solution to some problem or challenge
- 21% saw a higher team performance
- 9% said that conflict resulted in the birth of a major innovation or new idea
The report further noted that for employees who had formal training, the numbers increased significantly:
- 56% have seen conflict lead to a better understanding of others
- 42% said it led to a better solution
- 19% have seen disputes result in a major innovation
Speaking the Unspeakable will support your organization in building an internal team of mediators to resolve conflicts and disputes early, before they result in costly losses in productivity, relationships, and valuable team members.
This interactive training teaches concepts, strategies, and tools for Mediation to transform conflict into opportunity for growth and innovation, and co-create clear agreements for the greatest outcome possible between co-workers, management, and teams.
Participants will learn:
- Tools for effective mediation
- Strategies to create an open space for truth
- Discerning core issues and tension points
- How to "ride" the tension of conflict
- How to make agreements that work
This Mediation Training is most effective in small groups of 6 to 12 people, with a full staff training in the Art of Effective Communication.
Ready to take the next step? Follow the scheduler link below to choose a time to have a 20 minute discussion on how we can support you and your organization.